1. I've registered for the session starting 6th of March, what will happen ?
The session will start normally but it will be in E-Learning mode. Alliance Française will use Webex platform and your teacher will send you by email an online meeting invitation for you to join the classroom.
2. Will my classroom timing & schedule change ?
No, it will remain the same days and same timings online unless instructed otherwise by your teacher.
3. What is the e-learning proposition offered by the Alliance Francaise Dubai ?
The Alliance Francaise Dubai is excited to implement the e-learning, to maintain the same values of classroom teaching. Each student is given equal opportunity to speak and write, hence maintaining the balance for spoken and written skills, as in the classroom. The teacher can showcase external audio and video content which the student can have access to on their screen. The class timings, duration will be the same. The teacher will follow the same syllabus and homework as usual. The teachers will be available to answer all your queries like always.
4. When does the next session start ?
The Easter break which was from 03rd April until 08th April (included) is cancelled, hence the current term will be till the 30th April. The next session is planned to start on the 1st May 2020.
5. I paid for a face to face class, how will I get the same satisfaction with the e-learning experience ?
The e-learning classes are classes conducted by our teachers online where the students and teacher are present via internet connection. Kindly note the classes will not be conducted through an application but a website used for conducting interactive classes. Hence maintaining the rhythm of the face to face classes. The teachers would be the same.
6. I want to postpone this session as I am not comfortable with the e-learning classes.
Alliance Française Dubai will not be accepting postponing of the classes. We do understand your concerns but taking into consideration our experience we assure you a gap of more three weeks will affect your learning process. E-learning will help you to continue with the learning method as planned in a classroom.
7. Will I be able to get a refund ?
No refund will be offered for any courses.
8. Will I still be able to communicate with the teacher in case I need help ?
Yes, the teacher will be happy to help you with any query. Students have access to a “hand” icon to click, to request his/her turn to speak during the online classroom.
9. I do not have the necessary facilities needed for the e-learning classes (Computer/Internet/Headphones)
Alliance Française Dubai is supporting the government in its precautionary measures during this sanitary crisis. If you are facing a problem with the e-learning material please contact us. The e-learning facility adapted by the Alliance Francaise works even from a smartphone.